I spent the entire afternoon (and half the evening) distilling a ten minute, continuous, one-take video into a tolerable 3:15 minutes for YouTube.
What I learnt was:
- Slow down to go fast. As much as I like to appear candid and off the cuff, writing dot points will increase overall efficiency.
- Don't attempt to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Several takes will give me more to work with when things don't work.
- Go by the clock. Keeping an eye on the time will force me to keep it concise and to the point.
- Speak consciously. I could do with loosing a few 'ums' and 'ahs'.
- Practice, practice, practice. Makes perfect, perfect, perfect.
That's it. I have no more left to say for today - I'm spent.
Until tomorrow, try to avoid shortcuts as they just may be the longest detour you've ever encountered!
PS. Email subscribers, click here to see today's Wednesday Weigh-In