Sunday 2 May 2010

If it ain't broke... DON'T FIX IT!

I'm feeling sick to the stomach.

This morning I decided I'd upgrade my comments to a clever new product called DISQUS, which is what all the cool bloggers use (act cool, become cool - that's what I thought).

I was following the prompts till I got to this crossroad:
  • Use Disqus Comments on future blog entries only.

  • Use Disqus Comments on all blog entries. Any existing comments can be imported in.
For some INSANE reason, I chose the latter option... and ALL my old comments have completely disappeared!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Could they be lost forever? Have they gone to sock heaven (aka the washing machine's version of the Bermuda Triangle)? What has happened to them? Where are they? HELP...!

I have spent the last two hours Googling, going to blog forums, help menus, FAQs and practicing deep breathing techniques in order to reinstate my old comments before I pass out. I am totally freaking out.

Why?

Because loosing those comments is like loosing pieces of history. I LOVED your input. I loved what you had to say, your clever remarks, your encouragement, your witty humour, your wise words, your thought provoking responses.

I AM SO UPSET!

I hope to somehow, in some way, get in touch with some human being who may be able to save me from the tragic loss of those wonderful comments.

Until tomorrow, remember one thing... if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Grace xx

Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...