Tuesday 18 May 2010

Lighthouse

Remember my little boat metaphor? Well, there are times when I'm sailing on life's ocean when I don't know where I'm going.

I bob up and down aimlessly wondering how did I get here and where am I going to. The most bizarre thing is that I cannot pinpoint when and where I went off course.

It's times like these I need a lighthouse.

Lighthouses are a solid pillar of strength, firmly grounded and emit homing beacons for those that seek it (much like the light at the end of my tunnel).

Friends are like lighthouses. They remind you where you've sailed from and facilitate in navigating where you're heading to. They have the uncanny ability to shed light on subjects, enabling you to see something from a new perspective. They are the guiding light that we seek.

Tonight I bumped into such a lighthouse. Someone I have known and loved since I was an awkward, pimply-faced teenager. Seeing her filled me with instant relief and sense of comfort. I returned home with a knowing feeling that all will be well.

Until tomorrow, spare a loving thought and gratitude for all the lighthouses in your life.

Grace xx

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. We do all have highs and lows and I don't think we should think we are different or unusual for that. All we can do is try to find "Bollywood classes" or whatever makes us happy and try to do them as often as possible....
    And also remember what it would be like to live in some poverty-stricken, war-torn country where you don't have that option! Looking forward to all your posts-no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks Kate. Just what I needed to read right now. Big Love xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...