Thursday 29 April 2010

Tick-Tock the Clock Knocks

I invested some time this afternoon looking at some recent photos of my gorgeous nephew and niece (courtesy of Facebook).

It confirmed without a doubt that they are indeed gorgeous (I am not biased).

The little rascals live 755km (470mi) away in rural South Australia, which means that I don't get to hang out with them as much as I'd like. Whenever I see photos of them, I'm always a little stunned - it's like time just did a massive leapfrog.

What have I missed in between?

It saddens me to think of it.

This leapfrog phenomena contrasts to how I experience life that immediately surrounds me. Days seem to merge into another and before I know it weeks, months, years and decades fleet past (a bit like little droplets of water filling up a bucket, sink, bath, swimming pool).

So today I started thinking about time.

Time would have to be the most precious resource (besides food, water and shelter). Each second is a premier, a debut never to be repeated. We cannot buy it or save it - but we sure do spend it. Do we spend time frivolously or invest it wisely - or perhaps a bit of both?

This is what I am pondering right now.

How do you spend your time? Do you consider it a wise investment?

Until tomorrow, may the tick-tock of the clock remind you of life's other precious things.

Grace xx

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. As the saying goes "time is money". When people break the law they "do time" When someone talks nonsense to you , you say "don't waste my time"!
    When you are young, you think you are immortal and you have all the time in the world!!! But with a few years under your belt, you watch your parents grow old, and a few funerals later you realize that time is indeed a precious commodity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...