Wednesday 28 April 2010

A Matter of Balance

On any given day, you'd typically find me perched at the far end of the seesaw of life. I'll either be high on optimism and happy as Mr. Smiley, or down in the dumps and as blue as Mr. Grumps.

It's exhausting.

I have read, heard, watched and sensed that balance is a state we should all strive for - though in all honesty, it's something I've found the most difficult to achieve.

Since embarking on Project Grace 2010 58 days ago, I am making regular attempts to centre myself. While I can't say I'm brilliant at it (yet), I know that focus, intention and practice will make me better at smoothing out the bumps in the road.

Today is my mother's birthday and we are off to celebrate at a nearby restaurant. I have a few things to do before I leave here, so I'm keeping it short today (in order to maintain balance).

What I'd love to know, is how do you maintain balance in your life?

Until tomorrow, may you master equilibrium and share it with the world.

Grace xx

PS. Click link if you want to view this week's Wednesday Weigh-In

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Balance? I think of Yin and Yang. Positive and negative, good and evil, light and dark, great and small, motion and stillness. One cannot exist without the other. Good times and bad times. However, aiming towards to what degree of each extreme, and then imagining that it is so, is a powerful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is - thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...