Thursday 17 June 2010

Room with a view


Pictured right is the view from my second Parisian couch, albeit a very comfortable futon mattress on the floor.

I am now staying in Jourdain, Line 11, in the east of Paris. It's a great neighbourhood and I'm loving my host, Rachel.

After climbing what felt like thousand steps to her apartment, I was greeted with a very warm and welcoming "bon soir!" - lovely.

Rachel had flown in from a 10-day excursion to California and was battling jet lag as much as I was. Despite all this, we managed to shop for some organic produce to make a delectable salad that we washed down with a splash of vin rouge from Buzet in the Bordeaux region.

Our conversation ended at 2:00am, when we realised it was way past our bedtimes. We had both been in the moment and didn't bother to check our watches until our eyelids grew heavy. I love living like this.

I woke up this morning and after bidding Rachel au revoir, I took a moment to gaze out the 'couch-room' window and suck it all in - what a simple yet stunning view. So cool, so Paris.

Did I mention that I love living like this?

Until tomorrow, savour in the views from wherever you may be.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...