Thursday 10 June 2010

101 Dance Nations

Tonight was my last Bollywood dancing class before I take off for Paris on Monday.

We've been building up a routine section by section over the last five weeks. Tonight we put it all together and it was a dance sensation!

All in all, Bollywood dancing has been a blast and I totally love it.

It's quite physical - a lot of movement with arms above the head, shoulder shrugging, hip swaying and foot stomping.

It is also very feminine and graceful with pretty hand postures and smooth, sweeping movements.

There are also some quirky gestures like pseudo elbowing the person next to you, which is just my cup of chai.

Since this is my 101st post, I thought we could come up with 101 something that sounded like Dalmatians. So I after reflecting on my day, I thought of 101 Dance Nations. Cheesy I know, but that's me huh?

In the comments below, write one dance nation along with their trademark dance style. If you have a few, please list them as a separate comment. It'll be cool if we can reach 101 dance nations, which we can ascertain by the number of comments.

Until tomorrow, keep coming up with as many dance nations that you can think of.

Grace xx

PS. Picture above right was taken after class. It's me and my gorgeous Bollywood dance teacher. She's classically trained and is soooooo lovely. New classes start next Tuesday from 6:15pm to 7:15pm in Fitzroy. Highly recommended. Click this link if you're keen.

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

  1. 2. USA - Square Dancing

    ReplyDelete
  2. MtbSkillsCoachPat10 June 2010 at 18:12

    3. Germany - Octoberfest [is that a dance?]

    ReplyDelete
  3. IRELAND - Irish dancing (of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5. AUSTRALIA - Corroboree (aboriginal ceremonial dancing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6. Russia - Bolshoi ballet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...