Tuesday 22 June 2010

Le Tour de Paris avec la Musique


Last night we celebrated la Fête de la Musique (music festival) which, as I mentioned in yesterday's post, marks the beginning of summer.

I was invited by my host, and now very good friend, Adélia to join her and her friends at an intimate bar in the south of Paris.

I accepted.

The evening was a blast and words cannot aptly describe the magnitude of fun-ness. So where words fail, images and music prevail.

I've compiled a sample of the evening's joyfulness in a YouTube video embedded below for your convenience. So if you can grab yourself a glass of vin rouge, or a beverage of your choice, sip a little and enjoy.

So how do you think we managed to finish off this fabulous evening?

Well it wasn't a drunken ride slumped in the back of a cab, in case you're wondering. Instead, Adélia had to cycle home and I joined her on one of Paris' rent-a-bike-by-the-side-of-the-road deals.

Not sure if you know, but Paris is full of Velib velos (bikes) that you can pick up and drop off at any of their gazillion brilliantly located depots. Usually nearby a Metro station or out the front of a cafe so you have to be super careful not to make a spectacle of yourself.

After a quick lesson on how the hiring process works, I mounted my stead and we were off - sans helmet and avec high heeled Mary Janes. Very Paris. Very Chic.

For the record I'd prefer to ride with a helmet, but that was not an option last night.

We took over an hour cycling home so I imagine we covered most music genres (and departments of Paris), everything from jazz and world music to hard rock and doof doof. Tunes were beating out at bars, restaurants and outdoor concert arenas. Man, Parisians sure do take this Fête de la Musique seriously. It had the same vibe as New Years Eve - buzzing!

Until tomorrow, uplift your spirit and play some tunes.

Grace xx



If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share


2 comments:

  1. MtbSkillsCoachPat22 June 2010 at 20:10

    Very good Gracie. Nice video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Grace!! Could of sworn I saw pat dancing about...

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...