Tuesday 17 August 2010

One brick at a time


This photo is rather symbolic of my journey.

Brick by brick, I built a wall around me till I could no longer function. Thankfully, I woke up one day and decided I needed to take action before my 40th birthday (3rd November) and Project Grace 2010 was born.

I reached in and over five months of conscious effort and daily blogging (minus the media blackout in France), I've managed to pull myself out.

It's not over yet, I still have 11-weeks to go.

Here I stand on the outside and am covered in metaphorical dust. I still have some cleaning up to do, but for the most part - I am out.

The big question is, why did I build the wall in the first instance?

In short, it was to protect myself. What I didn't realise was that in the process, I had imprisoned myself.

Project Grace 2010 has been a process of realisation, liberation and transformation. Brick by brick I have removed the confines of my self-imprisonment and for the first time in a long time, I am feeling free. Free to be me and create a life that I want to live.

Tomorrow we set off once again, only this time we'll remain within Australia. We are heading off to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road to do yet another reconnaissance. Only this time it is for a tour de south east Australia, which is scheduled for Easter 2011.

I know things have changed from the inside when I return from an overseas trip and I am happy to be home. Despite having returned from sunny Europe and Malaysia to a cold raining Melbourne, I am still smiling. My bags are unpacked, the washing is up to date and plans are in action. Instead of falling into a familiar depressed slump, I am excited about future projects. I cannot sit still.

Until tomorrow, remember that deconstructing a brick wall is done in the same way as constructing it - one brick at a time.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...