Friday 27 August 2010

Dog rescues dog on highway - or does he?


I came across an extraordinary video today where a superhero of the canine species, risked his life to save a fellow pooch... or so that's what I thought.

When I went to locate the video on YouTube, I came across two conflicting stories.

One documented that the rescued pooch was in fact already dead, whereas another stated that he survived the ordeal.

More than anything, I want to believe the happy ending. However after watching the video several thousand times, I think the lifelessness of the body says it all.

Then it made me wonder - does the ending make any difference to the heroic act of the super pooch? Are we so addicted to happy endings (courtesy of Hollywood blockbuster movies) that we will misconstrue tales, or blatantly lie, in order to make a story worth telling? Is this what we do when we recount stories to our children? And if so, is that okay?

So many questions.

Have a look at the two versions of the story below and let me know what you think on the comments section below. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Video #1 - The first one I saw


Video #2 - The second one I came across on YouTube


Until tomorrow, share your thoughts freely and without the need to lie.

Grace xx

ps. I have no idea whether the dogs are male or female, but saying 'he' sounded so much better than 'it'. The next animal story will be a 'she' (like the cat's mother) to balance the scales.

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...