Wednesday 18 August 2010

Build a bridge and get over it (rant)


There's a popular saying at the moment that really gets on my nerves, and that is "Build a bridge and get over it."

My answer to that is "No, no, NO!"

I'm afraid that building a metaphorical bridge to get over something is bypassing the problem, and not solving the problem.

Getting through something takes courage, patience and persistence. It is often unpleasant but if you stick with it and pop out the other side, you get an enormous sense of relief.

The next time I hear someone say that inane comment I will answer, "That's a pathetic cop out for wimps. I choose to tackle my problems head on. I do not build bridges to get over things, I use a bulldozer to tackle sh*t and clear my path... and right now, you're standing in the way!"

SO THERE! (sigh) Relief.

I feel so much better now.

Until tomorrow, allow yourself to rant over things that have been pestering you longer than you care to admit.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. not very zen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually first time I heard that one Grace.

    : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...