Saturday 24 July 2010

Media Blackout - ENDED!


Bonjour tout le monde!

Wow it's been so long since my last post, I don't know where to begin...

Our tour started in Voiron 10-days ago and I have not had any decent internet connections to do my daily posts - nor did I have the luxury of time to figure out a solution.

For that I offer my sincere apologies and plan to give you some samples of what a magnificent experience I have just had. Amazing really.

The first five days were a blur.

Operating on an average of four hours sleep, we've been hosting a fabulous bunch of New Zealanders and have had a brilliant time. We've experienced a diversity of culture, scenery and culinary delights - not to mention the excitement that is Le Tour de France.

We then spent four nights in Lourdes where I was certain I'd have time to catch up on my blog, but alas - the internet was worse than ever (and no miracle manifested despite pleading with the universe). Yesterday we did a super-long transfer to Bordeaux via Saint Emilion, which you might remember is were I had the moules mariniere during our 'rekky'.

I am now in my hotel room, catching up on what I call 'administration'. At 4:45pm this afternoon we board a TGV train bound for Paris, where Le Tour concludes tomorrow - and ours the day after. I have to say, I'm a bit sad about that.

I'll leave you with this link that features your's truly being interviewed for a national Belgian sports programme called SPORZA. We were exploring Chateau de Foix in the south of France when I was asked whether I'd mind answering a few questions. Well, you know me and my fondness for cameras and microphones - how could I say no.

Untill tomorrow, may you find it in your heart to forgive my absence.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. Hey Grace

    You came across great in the interview. Good one!

    xx
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed your blog Grace. But I forgive you without any qualms as I know how hard it can be to 1) get 2 minutes to yourself 2) find a decent internet connection and 3) stop having fun and attend to "administration".
    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you 'A' - I was able to achieve point 1 and 3, but without point 2, it was positively hopeless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...