Friday 30 July 2010

In the land of merlions and monsoon


So here I am in Singapore, the land of merlions, monsoon and the best ever black pepper crab.

Though it's technically not monsoon season, it appears someone forgot to tell the rain gods about that today as it has not stopped pouring since I touched down (Singapouring for that matter - ooooooh, bad joke - I'm delirious!).

My visions of lazing poolside with my new book "Petite Anglaise" did not come into fruition today. Instead I collapsed into bed near noon local time and roused six hours later when Pat got in from his flight.

Yes we're like royalty flying separately. I've made several jokes about having the eleven secret herbs and spices to a happy life but didn't get so much as a chuckle. It appears that failing to pursue a career in stand up comedy was wise.

Our hosts and dear friends Marc and Louise, who also own the Swiss chalet we stayed in a month ago, have got the bubbles on ice and we are about to celebrate life. I just love that. There's nothing more precious or more worthy of a Champagne celebration than now.

As I reflect on my last six weeks, I realise that there have been a number of nows worth celebrating... and if I didn't know it then, I know it now. I will raise a glass and nostalgically toast to what I have deemed to be an amazing experience - operating a tour during Le Tour de France.

I am pleased to announce that I've been invited back again next year and cannot be more delighted with that outcome. The next few days for me are about settling and setting sights on my future.

Until tomorrow, be sure to celebrate now with bubbles - be it Champagne or the bath kind.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share







blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...