Saturday 9 October 2010

Fairy business


What are the chances that on the day I dress up as a fairy I require the services of another winged sprite, one who is the patron pixie of the dental realm? Before you answer, let me just back track a bit...

In yesterday's post I mentioned that today marked the third birthday of my niece - who also happens to be my goddaughter. We had the most wonderful and magical fairy celebration, which was truly fabulous. It was a dress up affair and you know me, saying the words 'dress up' is like waving a red flag to a bull. I just couldn't help myself.

I managed to colour co-ordinate a set of wings with some flowing fabric, a sparkly wrist wand and few thousand feathers. Add the bling of a twinkling tiara and diamante-encrusted shoes to the ensemble, and I had all the trimmings of a bona fide fairy godmother. Perfect.

I was not surprised to discover that I was the only adult, other than the 'professional' entertainment fairy, that had dressed up for the occasion. This did not bother me. Being the birthday fairy's godmother (for real) gave me all the one-liners I could wish for to back myself up, and I used a fair few of them.

Anyway... getting back to the question at the top. What are the chances? I don't know. All I know is that I innocently bit into a carrot and lost half my tooth in the process. There I was using Bugs Bunny's favourite food to scoop up a delectable roasted garlic hommus when I felt an almighty crunch. I raced to the powder room with toothpick in tow, and two rather large chunks of MY TOOTH were wedged in between two other teeth.

OH MY GOODNESS!

I have often had dreams of my teeth crumbling in such a manner, and with the reflection of my fairy self in the mirror I almost thought this was such a dream... or rather, a nightmare.

I placed the broken pieces into a plastic bag and am now in search of a tooth fairy who can help put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Or at least try.

Until tomorrow, beware of extra crunchy carrots... you may have bit off more than what you ought to chew.

Grace xx
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...