Monday 25 October 2010

Bali Brief - Carrying Sand Bags

The headache cleared and in its absence came some perspective.

Scoffing at swan-fashioned towels and complaining about a not-so-white nightgown in a place where local women walk around carrying cement bags on their heads for not much more than $5 a day makes me feel like one of those indulgent pop stars that stipulate preposterous insistences like having all green M&Ms removed from the packet before serving. Ridiculous.

It's amazing how one's view is skewed when one is feeling unwell. Headaches have come and gone this trip. Possibly due to not replenishing the water I've been sweating out in this balmy heat.

I'm still on an emotional roller coaster about turning 40. I don't know what it is about this particular number that's playing havoc with my mind. It might have something to do with the fact that I planned my mother's surprise 40th at the tender age of 16... and here I am at the same milestone. It's bizarre.

Tour going well. Last day tomorrow

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...